* Work Addiction Risk Test (WART)Put the number that best describes your work approach beside each statement: 1 – never true; 2 – sometimes true; 3 – often true; 4 – always true.
1. I prefer to do most things rather than ask for help.
2. I get impatient when I have to wait for someone else or when something takes too long.
3. I seem to be in a hurry and racing against the clock.
4. I get irritated when I interrupted while I am in the middle of something.
5. I stay busy and keep many irons in the fire.
6. I find myself doing two or three things at one time, such as eating lunch and writing a memo while talking on the telephone.
7. I overcommit myself by biting off more than I can chew.
8. I feel guilty when I am not working on something.
9. It's important that I see the concrete results of what I do.
10. I am more interested in the final result of my work than in the process.
11. Things never seem to move fast enough or get done fast enough for me.
12. I lose my temper when things don't go my way or work out to suit me.
13. I ask the same question again without realizing that I've already been given the answer.
14. I spend a lot of time mentally planning and thinking about future events while tuning out the here and now.
15. I find myself continuing to work after my co-workers have called it quits.
16. I get angry when people don't meet my standards of perfection.
17. I get upset when I am in situations where I cannot be in control.
18. I tend to put myself under pressure with self-imposed deadlines.
19. It is hard for me to relax when I'm not working.
20. I spend more time working than socializing with friends, or on hobbies or leisure activities.
21. I dive into projects to get a head start before all the phases have been finalized.
22. I get upset with myself for making even the smallest mistake.
23. I put more thought, time and energy into my work than I do into my relationships with loved ones and friends.
24. I forget, ignore or minimize celebrations such as birthdays, reunions, anniversaries or holidays.
25. I make important decisions before I have all the facts and have a chance to think them through.
57-66 considered mildly workaholic
25-56 not engaging in workaholic behavior