Sunday, July 8, 2007

A BALANCED LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE!


LIVING A BALANCED LIFE ....BRINGS HAPPINESS!
Have you ever had a day where everything went wrong? 
Is your house in shambles? 
Does it seem like your "to do list" just goes on and on with no end? 
Are you frustrated with it all and feel like your life is taking up someone's space and the air you breathe belongs to "someone else"? 
And to top it all...the chairman of a committee called asking if you could take a project at church? 
You are screaming inside saying, "will somebody stop this roller coaster I want to get off"!
Where has the BALANCE gone in your life? Or has it ever been? 
God wants you to have a Rich Balanced Life that will cause you to be free to be you. The you He created, like no one else on this earth. 
The good news is God has provided for you a Successful Abundant Life. John 10:10 says, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." God has a plan and He wants you to have it. 
He is a God of order and your life in order brings a Good Strong Mental Health that causes you to reach the Maximum of Your Potential. You are asking, "What does that mean and how do I get there?" 
Well here we go follow me on this and it will come together….
God wants you to choose a Balanced Life. III John 1:2, says "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 
The word "health" in this verse means to be able to function the way He created you. The choice is yours. You can say, “STOP" and you can step back take a look at what has been going on in your life. You and only you can bring change by getting your priorities in the right order. What are right priorities? Having right Priorities is living life in an order that will cause you to be FREE TO BE YOU!
FREE TO BE YOU

1. Free being you means you become responsible for who you were created to be
     A. DISCOVER.. your Purpose, discover your Core Values.
     B. STOP.. take an inventory of your life right now!
    C. CHECK.. from time to time to see if you are in Balance. 
They can move without you being aware until you are spent out  (it's important to get away by yourself and take a look at how you are living in the here and now).
            2. Plan to change things..
                A. Realize this is a life long journey.
              B. Discover Priorities that work in this order brings a good                    Balance:

1. God -  Get to know Him in a rich growing relationship by spending time with Him.2. Yourself - Get to Know you / Find our what you are about / What does it take to maintain a healthy you in Spirit, Soul and Body?
3. Your Mate - Study and get to know your mate, see what God says about marriage and your position in a Biblical  Marriage.
4. Children - What stage are they in right now? Are they still in the home? / Are they grown and on their own? / Or grown and back home again? 
For instance:
a. Birth - will take more time. You and your mate will be building their foundation in their "belief system".
b. Toddler - will need your strong attention still building their character and the foundation in their "belief system". 
c. Adolescent - will need your attention and parental guidance.
d. Young Adult - will need your presence at a distance to help answer their questions as they search for answers in life.
e. Adult - will still be investing yourself in them but respecting their adulthood, making yourself available for counsel when asked.
5. Work - your occupation, or if retired whatever fills that 40 to 60 hours a week. Take this test below,* the "W-A-R-T" test to see how you rate. Is your work out of Balance? Are you controlling work or is it controlling you?
6. Ministry - God has given each person gifts and the provision to carry them out. How are you using them? Do you know what your gifts are? Don't confuse #1 with # 6. They are each separate. Your relationship with God is separate from your ministry. Your ministry is an overflow of what God is about in and through you.
If you live out daily these priorities in their order you will have enough “time” to go around.  Get your True North. Your LIFE counts and YOU Matter!
(This tool below will help you discover how you use your time and will cause you to get your life in the perspective that works so you can be the best you...see you around and you will be saying I AM Free To Be Me!)

* Work Addiction Risk Test (WART)

Put the number that best describes your work approach beside each statement: 1 – never true; 2 – sometimes true; 3 – often true; 4 – always true.
1. I prefer to do most things rather than ask for help.
2. I get impatient when I have to wait for someone else or when something takes too long.
3. I seem to be in a hurry and racing against the clock.
4. I get irritated when I interrupted while I am in the middle of something.
5. I stay busy and keep many irons in the fire.
6. I find myself doing two or three things at one time, such as eating lunch and writing a memo while talking on the telephone.
7. I overcommit myself by biting off more than I can chew.
8. I feel guilty when I am not working on something.
9. It's important that I see the concrete results of what I do.
10. I am more interested in the final result of my work than in the process.
11. Things never seem to move fast enough or get done fast enough for me.
12. I lose my temper when things don't go my way or work out to suit me.
13. I ask the same question again without realizing that I've already been given the answer.
14. I spend a lot of time mentally planning and thinking about future events while tuning out the here and now.
15. I find myself continuing to work after my co-workers have called it quits.
16. I get angry when people don't meet my standards of perfection.
17. I get upset when I am in situations where I cannot be in control.
18. I tend to put myself under pressure with self-imposed deadlines.
19. It is hard for me to relax when I'm not working.
20. I spend more time working than socializing with friends, or on hobbies or leisure activities.
21. I dive into projects to get a head start before all the phases have been finalized.
22. I get upset with myself for making even the smallest mistake.
23. I put more thought, time and energy into my work than I do into my relationships with loved ones and friends.
24. I forget, ignore or minimize celebrations such as birthdays, reunions, anniversaries or holidays.
25. I make important decisions before I have all the facts and have a chance to think them through.
After responding to all 25 statements, add up your score:
67-100 exhibiting highly workaholic behavior
57-66 considered mildly workaholic
25-56 not engaging in workaholic behavior

No comments:

Post a Comment