Thursday, January 3, 2008

WHAT WE CAN COUNT ON IN 2008

The list below, Predictions for 2008, was recently sent to me by my niece, Becky. Becky is a single Mom of two wonderful children. I knew the list meant a lot to her because she has no choice but to live trusting these things on this list. As I read over them, I was reminded of how we live in a crazy world and sometimes we might experience FEAR. I heard this said one time: FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. The TRUTH is, we don't have to fear, we CAN walk daily with confidence that God IS with us everywhere we go and IN everything we face. He even allows the things that come our way. I know because there is not one thing that can come into my life unless it first goes through Father's great big hand.

Speaking of our Father's great care, this Christmas we enjoyed having our grandson, Caeden, for a day at the Mall, shopping for quite a while. Walking back to the car after a busy day, I observed his Granddad holding his hand, as I walked behind. It was with special care, because I knew he was holding the hand of someone very special to him. I took this picture, knowing it is like the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father. It says to me...He is here with me wherever I go and I am safe!

So what do you feel as you look at the picture? And what about the list? I made a copy to carry with me to be a reminder this year when the storms of life come raging to remember, "The Truth is Always What God Says, No Matter How I Feel"!

PREDICTIONS FOR 2008

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment