Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I LIKE HEROES….


I have seen several Heroes in my lifetime and I want to write about one right now. I first met her December 26, 1999 on a Sunday morning when we joined First Baptist Church of Blairsville as their family did, also. The Youth Department got a Youth Director, Chris Miller, along with his wife Krista and his family. They have been faithful at their calling ever since that day. Many youth have come through that department and have been loved by their whole family, which makes a good team as they serve Father allowing Him to love and care for the young people of our church and beyond.

This year they have had to face a giant battle in their sweet family. As we have watched them face their challenge, they have been an example of how it is done. Krista announced she had Breast Cancer. We have watched as she has gone through all the treatment and trauma that goes along with it, the fight, the fears, the guessing the healing the setbacks with infection and all along she has had that smile when you see her in her place on the front row, on the right side, piano side and to be sure with all the teens. It wasn’t long into it we began to see all her array of colored scars she adorned which told us the treatment had begun to take it’s toll on her body, but with pride she displayed them well!

I wish you could meet her, but since you can’t I want to bring her to you. She is winning her battle and what a trooper she has been, please keep her in your prayers and for the family as they continue on the Path of Life. I can’t help but think of this verse, and I love it from the Message. It is what we have seen as we have been in the grandstand watching the Miller Family run for the Touch Down as we have cheered them on. And to think we “got” to watch it……YAY!!!!!

Read this and you’ll see…
Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message) I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

And He Has!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ms. Mary...Krista shared this with me (and I shared it with my facebook friends, hope you don't mind).

    I'm at a loss of words after reading this post (and a few tissues short). Thank you for loving my sister, my best friend! She is definately a hero! She's always been mine, but even more so now....and I love that I can share her with others!

    Thanks again, from her sister, for your kind, sweet words.

    ReplyDelete