Tuesday, July 13, 2010

PEACEFUL - WHAT’S YOURS?......


Wish we could visit today at a nice restaurant just for a good talk. We would talk about what Peaceful means to you and me. There is a place up here in the mountains I like to go have lunch, then sit in their large lobby. It’s so nice in each season, by the fire in the winter months is so nice, especially. The name of this relaxing place is Brasstown Valley Resort. You turn off the highway onto a road that winds up a mountain, seeing in the distance on the right the large Resort building come into focus. They have a great lunch buffet you can eat inside or if the weather is just right, not too hot with a gentle breeze blowing, then it is ideal to have your meal in the noonday light hearing the outdoor sounds. That’s what we would have around us this day if we were together my friend, as we ate from their beautiful display of their selected foods for the day.

What I would be asking you to talk about is, what does Peaceful mean to you and describe it for me? Sitting here today, writing this after coming through the storms of life this year, I am feeling peaceful. I want to capture it and hold on to this moment. It’s early in the morning, my favorite time of the day. The sun is beginning to shine across the mountains making the sky blue; I can see the fog lay softly over the lake. The birds are waking with their sounds, each being unique. Ah! I notice the hummingbirds seem to like the sweet mixture I made for them yesterday. The classical radio station, that plays my favorites each morning, is playing in the background. I realize how important it is to get into the moment and capture this time to remember later. How nice to experience peace all around me…..

When you think about it we let those things around us rob us of our peace. So many verses are going through my mind like….

Psalms 29:11 - The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 5:22 & 23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Philippians 4:6 & 7 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 - Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

I hate to go from this time with you, but we must begin our day, don’t you think? We don’t want to miss what Papa has on the agenda, while we explore and capture the life of Peace! Father my prayer today is, allow us to take in those things You have for us, experiencing Your Peace, make us aware of the things that get us caught up in the things of this world. Show us who You want to express Yourself through us today, sharing Your Peace. We thank You for the peace you provide in a world that knows no peace. We love You so much Daddy, In Jesus Name! Amen

Go my friend and have a your day….don’t forget to think about it. What is your Peaceful? You have it ….He says you do……

No comments:

Post a Comment