Monday, August 9, 2010

HOT SUMMER DAYS…ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?


Don’t know about you but this has been the hottest summer I have experienced in a long time. Before long we will be so cold and I just know I will be wishing we had warm weather back, but not today.

Never forget as a child playing in the yard on hot days, always having fun. The dirt would be so dry I would come inside and mother would say, “My goodness child let me put you in the tub.” She would run the water and put some dish soap in to make bubbles. I even remember how I liked seeing the Ivory soap float on top just like the commercial said. Never will forge its smell. The window would be open in the bathroom; the wind would blow the curtains, as a gust of wind would come in. What a fresh smell! I would come out feeling all clean inside and out.

That reminded of the times I spend in my Quite Time as I fellowship with our Abba Father. I read the Word and it feels just like a bath washing away the dirt of the day. John 15:3 even says, “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” Have you ever felt it? You come away with a freshness knowing you have spent time with Father as He has Holy Spirit communicate in your Spirit those things He wants you to know. The cleansing of the Word does wonders for a wary Soul that has trudged through this world each day….

No comments:

Post a Comment