Wednesday, October 27, 2010

THE MIND …….WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?...


Today I was thinking…HA! That’s funny that is what I want to write about. I was wondering if you have ever thought about what you think? Do you have the same thoughts often that are maybe, Negative? Our Dominant Thought will eventually affect our behavior. That is just how our mind works. Healthy habits begin by having positive thoughts. When you get up in the morning, this is a good place to start. When you start your day why not say, “This is the Day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it”, or “Wow! I have another day with a clean slate I will make wise choices as it unfolds facing challenges or just have a day of calmness”. It always helps to look outside ourselves and say, “Who needs a smile today or a good word of encouragement”?

Pictured above is my husband Phil Mason, he lives this way everyday. He is forever studying something getting equipped for his life and to share with others. For the last few years, from time to time, he has studied how the Mind works and how what we think affects it. He lives a life of positive thinking. In this last year, he has been faced with a health challenge and his study has come in handy, for sure. Here is what he says, “ Yeah, the doctor says I have Wegener's granulomatosis, (WG for short) but it is not “my” disease, if I say, “it is my disease it will own me.” He lives with a positive attitude each day. I know, I live with him. I watched him at first when we discovered it was present and attacking his body. The doctor’s were baffled at what it was, until lots of blood work and biopsies revealed the problem and it was discovered. Thankfully, with medical research, a series of drugs were discovered by Dr Wegener that would work to put it into remission. He believes in the power of focus. What you focus on you will have. His focus is on living an active life each day practicing good health by eating well, taking the proper supplements and exercise. And guess what? It is working!!!

I am grateful to have a husband who lives what he “preaches”. In fact, he is consistently giving it away, by sharing with young men by way of mentoring them in following the path he sees that works, which brings a life successful in Body/Soul and Spirit.

Just the other day he emailed me this quote to file away for my “life study” and now I share it with you…..


A Good Dominant Thought:

"Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and
nourish with repetition and emotion will
one day become a reality."
— Earl Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment