Sunday, January 9, 2011

DECISIONS MAKE THE PATH OF LIFE.....

“Decisions, Decisions, Decisions”…. we all have to make them as we walk the Path of Life. Which way do I turn? What must I do about what lies before me? What will this cost me? God has “wired” us to make our own choices. Sometimes I say, “Lord, why did you do that?” But then Holy Spirit reminds me, if He had not, we would be like puppets with Him pulling all the strings. So with that thought, it leads back to our making the decisions. But does He leave us alone as we decide which way to go? No! He is right there with us, but it is still ours in the final plan of action. I think of the children of Israel when they crossed the river Jordan. Can you imagine how they felt when they were told to cross over and they got to that water? They had to stand there thinking, okay how do we do this? He said, “When you put your foot in the water it will part”. It was their choice and not His. When they, by their own will, made the decision to go to the other side it was all done He made it happen…WQW! So I know when He says, “do it” you better believe he “will part the water” before you!

Today, as I was reading to setting my mind for the day, I thought of all the decisions we have to make. We have lots of them, some which have the potential to “major redirect”, our current comfortable path. I have to tell you the truth, its scary. I look back over our history walking with God and I know in my heart He has led us all the way. It is not the “event” it’s the “process” in getting there that gets to me. It’s the “walking up to the water” that my “eyes and ears” will try to lie to me. I can see something and hear something that will try to move me but in my heart I know God is saying, “My child walk and I will be right there with you”.

I don’t like change. It’s so nice to know everyday where I am sleeping, what I will be eating, and where my foot will land each step of the way. But if the truth is told, change is not so bad. Anything done over and over and over and over can become a rut and what fun is that? And we would actually have no growth, becoming stagnant. The unknown is what scares me too. But we know faith is not having “sight”. Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” It takes absolute FAITH to walk this life each day we don’t know what it holds or where it is going but as we walk in what we know is the Truth our lives will be guided into what is the best life, the full life and to have all that is ours. I don’t know how many times I have posted this verse here, but it is a verse I claimed years ago and it returns to me so many times in my mind. I will close this time with you reminding you it is for you too! Psalms 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

I just said a prayer for you my friend as you stopped by here. He is going to do great things in your future, walk with me up to the water and lets go ahead with Faith Decision to put our foot in and walk across……

No comments:

Post a Comment