Monday, January 3, 2011

LIFE IS LIKE A TREE……


I like trees, wish I had time to study their growth. My interest has been stirred lately about the layers of a tree. Did you know a tree’s growth is determined by what goes on in its environment each year? For instance if you cut a tree down and looked at the rings inside and if you could see the history of its place through out its growth it would tell a story. It could have been affected by a forest fire, insect invasion, a rainy season to name a few.

We could say our lives are like the tree. We are affected the same way by those things around us that will determine our growth. I would like to share with you about a year in my “life’s tree ring” that made a strong foundation that still effects me to this day. I will always remember a day in my life, if you could look inside me, you would see a healthy growth in the ring of the year 1986. It was the year of what I call, “the Empire of Mary Mason fell”. It was a hard time, even made me want to check out on everything, it was a dark time for me.

God brought a friend to my door on a day I was at my lowest. March 26, 1986 Linda Rogers knocked on my door, came in sat down and listened to my painful story. After a long while of hearing my “pity party” description, she spoke. Now if you know Linda you know she is a to the point person, with the gift of Prophecy, so let yourSELF step out of the way and pay good attention to what is about to come into your “ear gate” because when she speaks, it is like the old saying “when E F Hutton speaks”….LISTEN!!!

Linda gave me no sympathy that day, and after looking back I am SO GLAD! She was so right on target with what was about to happen in turning the “Ship of my Life”. The orders came rolling out of her mouth after she came over to the sofa where I sat and knelt by my feet and cried out to God in prayer, which got a hold of Heaven’s Throne. She took command of the events that surrounded me and gave me a formula to begin to put into action. Among her list of things was to pray, being gut truthful telling God just what I thought about what was going on, to stop 7 times a day to praise Him no matter where I was when I thought about it, to claim the Armor each day according to Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes”, going over each part, and most of all to get to Know Him as Father studying Romans 5, 6, 7 and 8. That was just a few of the things she said that day, that made it possible to be right here able to tell you about my journey. There’s absolutely no doubt that God showed up through my friend, Linda. That makes me realize the importance of when He moves on me through Holy Spirit, I must stop and listen getting the orders and then go into action. I don’t know what would have happened to me that day back in 1986 if Linda had not brought His love to me. I do know the enemy had another plan that I almost “bought into” but it didn’t work. You know God so loves us and watches over us with His care? Don’t you just love the way He uses people that care about Him enough to be sensitive to the needs of those in their path? I'm so grateful for those He gives us as friends? Linda, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the day you showed up at my door, changing the whole path of my future, all because you heard His call on your life to take action! Today my Tree of Life has a ring in it that has your name on it, I Love you my Friend!

(Today’s picture is of my special friend, Linda. You might know her and had her “Linda Action” in your own life. If so, you know she tells it like it is, and if you have…. you’ve been vaccinated against this world and set on fire for Jesus!!!)

1 comment: