Monday, July 11, 2011

A REAL FRIEND….


Proverbs 18:24 “There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.”

Years ago when I became a Christian I began to notice the value of friendships.  I can’t explain it because I had friends before but I began to view them differently.  I wanted to be a friend, giving and not expecting anything in return, but found that I got back much more than I gave.  I began to get so many, and they were all so different.  One day I thought each one of my friends is like a special charm for a charm bracelet.  They were all unique, had their own personalities but meant the same to me in their own way.  Today, using that analogy the bracelet would be so big I would have to rent a u-haul truck to take it around.

My grandfather use to say everyone has an average of least 7 special friends in their lifetime; it’s those who are the closest to you.  Don’t know but looking over my list I could see how that could be true.  As you face the trials of life, it is those who stick with you through your pain that become a real friend.  They give up what is important to them and genuinely care about you, walking with you through the dark days.

Just sitting here in front of my keyboard typing away this thought comes to mind.  There have been times when it was like the doors were closed, the phone didn’t ring and the notes didn’t come.  It was if God was saying, “I want you to experience no one but Me”. It was at those times felt the presence of the One who really cared and is A REAL FRIEND!  I knew I did have a big brother who would never leave me nor forsake me.  He'll goes before me, behind me, in front of me and lives in me, how much better does it get?....and His name is Jesus!  

No comments:

Post a Comment