Saturday, July 9, 2011

WHAT I AM WEARING, WE CAN ALL USE THIS….


I read “What Are You Wearing Today” somewhere, it ministered to me so much I had to keep it as a reminder to do it everyday.  Things are coming at fast pace all around me and in my face every other one.  When I hear from you, the same thing seems to be going on in your world.  Questions come up like…”What can we do about our finances?”, “our health issues?”, “Help! My job has been outsourced to another country” and “what can we do about our kids doing their stuff?” or the pressures they face seem to become ours too”, so what’s you answer?  Let’s see…HUM!!!…

I keep getting the same answer.  This answer seems too easy, but it’s the way to live with it, among it, and through it.  A plan would be… to stop, be quite (that’s the hardest thing for me) realize and “own it” that we have been in control and THEN hand it over to Him like what it says below …”Put Me On” that means let Him have it.  I can hear you saying, “I did that”, or “I have to do it again”.  Yeah! Again, and again and again!!!

In the book, “Jesus Calling” it was a good one for July 7th one phrase caught my eye. “Practice thinking in certain ways, trusting Me, thanking Me, and those thoughts become more natural.”  Lately, the WG disease is trying to flare up in  my husband’s blood system, again.  I let it get me really down and got myself in a state of wariness.  I want to fix it!  One day I got alone and ask Father,  “what is this about?” and “what do You want me to do?”  I got this answer clearly, He said, “don’t fight me on this” So that was it.  So I came away with this “He knows what He is doing” and “this could be the way to control it”.  The doctor attended the issue real well right on the spot, changing the meds and giving good instruction although he is puzzled.  At this time it is just to wait and rest in Him…again!  That is where I am right now.  I know you have your story too and probably could say the same thing about yours that I just said, you are hearing too to just  “rest and wait, trusting the I AM”….So now let’s read the following and put it on……

WHAT ARE YOU WEARING TODAY?...

Seek My Face at the beginning of your day. This practice enables you to "put Me on" and "wear Me" throughout the day. Most people put on clothes soon after arising from bed. Similarly, the sooner you "put Me on" by communicating with Me, the better prepared you are for whatever comes your way. 

To "wear Me" is essentially to have My mind; to think My thoughts. Ask the Holy Spirit to control your thinking: be transformed by this renewal within you. Thus you are well equipped to face the people and situations I bring your way. Clothing your mind in Me is your best preparation for each day. This discipline brings Joy and Peace to you and those around you. 

Psalm 27:8 “My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” 

Romans 13:14 “Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.” 

Colossians 3:12  “Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment