Thursday, October 13, 2011

AUTUMN, A FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR….


I said “A Favorite Time of the Year” because I like them all, but do you notice how you are ready for each one when they come around… again?  I get tired of one when it’s about to end and get “so” ready for the one about to begin.  I feel sorry for the person who lives so busy that they miss what God offers to enjoy each year.


It is so beautiful here in our area. You can enjoy it with me by visiting this website for your virtual moment of the leaf change, looking from Brasstown Tower, the highest point in Georgia....http://www.brmemc.net/brasstown/



About two weeks ago, something happened that got my attention.  You see “the busy person” I spoke of, well that was me.  Quickly walking out my door, there it was on my steps, a pretty red leaf.  The leaves had not begun to turn, but here was this one leaf. It was as though something or someOne was telling me, “Mary the show is about to begin so slow down and don’t miss it” and you know what? I have.  Here is the picture I took and it now sits in my kitchen windowsill…

Weeks later, sure enough they have arrived.  I am looking out my window and noticing the leaves turning into a colorful display of oranges, yellows with some greens fading in the background.  Some deep reds are slowing beginning to show on some of the leaf tips.  This will go on for a few more weeks.  We are blessed to live in the North Georgia Mountains where we have four distinct seasons with a good length of time to enjoy God’s designs each year. The colors are dependent on the weather.  It had been pretty dry this year, but hasn’t bothered the colors at all......


Our friend Jim had this to say on Facebook today.  I couldn’t wait to share it with you; he and Teresa enjoy this view…


Jim said, "Living on this mountain at this time of year is like living in an abstract painting using all the brightest colors. The trees all around are absolutely ablaze now. As the sun filters through the leaves, I feel so blessed to be able to view this each day!"

I have for you some scenes of Autumn with music by my favorite Composer’s relaxing Baroque music. Every March 4th I remember it's his birthday; this last year he would have been 333 years old…wow!  For many years people have enjoyed his work.  Makes me think we all have gifts in us we could use for many to enjoy for years to come. We must leave behind something for people to enjoy and to glean from.  Think on that one!

Here is a little info about Vivaldi.....

Antonio Lucio Vivaldi (4 March 1678 – 28 July 1741), nicknamed il Prete Rosso ("The Red Priest") because of his red hair, was an Italian Baroque composer, priest, and virtuoso violinist, born in Venice. Vivaldi is recognized as one of the greatest Baroque composers, and his influence during his lifetime was widespread over Europe. Vivaldi is known mainly for composing instrumental concertos, especially for the violin, as well as sacred choral works and over 40 operas. His best-known work is a series of violin concertos known as The Four Seasons.

Many of his compositions were written for the female music ensemble of the Ospedale della Pietà, a home for abandoned children where Vivaldi worked from 1703 to 1715 and from 1723 to 1740. Vivaldi also had some success with stagings of his operas in Venice, Mantua and Vienna. After meeting the Emperor Charles VI, Vivaldi moved to Vienna hoping for preferment. The Emperor died soon after Vivaldi's arrival, and the composer died a pauper, without a steady source of income.

Though Vivaldi's music was well received during his lifetime, it later declined in popularity until its vigorous revival in the first half of the 20th century. Today, Vivaldi ranks among the most popular and widely recorded Baroque composers.

So sit back and enjoy one of my favorite pieces of his work, with captions of this wonderful season called AUTUMN!!!



1 comment:

  1. thank you Mary for sharing this beauty and music...very impressed
    Sherry Brooks Houston

    ReplyDelete