Tuesday, November 8, 2011

LOVE ONE ANOTHER.....

                           John 15:17  "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Woke up thinking how we are to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.......

Checking my email this had come in and jump started my "Blogging Thoughts"..... 

Hi All: Here is a late update:
Well, here it is a week since Shirley's knee surgery and things are progressing really well. She got up to 100 today on her knee bend. Isn't that great. I am so proud of her and the way she has been able to do the exercises. I am still holding up well and yes, I am still in charge a little bit. Thanks for all your prayers on her behalf and do not stop now. We still have a ways to go before you can quit.
 

God Loves You And We Do Also!!
Rev. Roy B. And Shirley I. Bateman, Sr.


As I read this I thought how this husband has loved his wife and cared for her while she has been down with knee surgery.  There was a time she was by his side when he needed her after his surgery and she stayed right there for him.  In fact, their fast recovery maybe be for this reason.... because of the loving care they both gave and received from each other.



Here is the note I sent to them sharing my thoughts...... 

Roy and Shirley,
I just want to thank you Roy for your care for Shirley during this difficult time of her knee surgery. As a wife, I see your loving spirit for your Bride.  I know she is getting it because of your love for her and for the things she did for you during the time you were out of commission.  I remember a time when she even had to deal with snow in the hospital parking lot.

Just had this on my mind and thanking Father for using you both to show us His love for us. It's a picture of how we are to stand by one another when they are "down" until they can get up and walk again on their own. ….in Shirley's case that is really true!
Our prayers are with you!
Mary Mason

PS...Don't know if you have read this before, but every time I see the winter Geese going south I think of the story of how they care for one another, that is what we are to do for others:


THE GOOSE STORY……



Whenever a Goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone, and quickly gets into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird immediately in front.  If we have as much sense as a Goose, we will stay in formation with those who are headed in the same way we are going.  When the lead Goose gets tired, he rotates back in the wing and another Goose flies point.  It pays to take turns doing hard jobs with people or with Geese flying south.  The Geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.  What do we say when we honk from behind to encourage another to stay focused in life’s journey?


Finally, when a Goose gets sick or is wounded by gun shots and falls out, two Geese fall out of formation then follows him down to help and protect him. They stay with him until he is either able to fly or until he is dead, and then they launch out on their own or with another formation to catch up with the group.  If we have the sense of a Goose, we will stand by each other just like this …..


Take away for the day....Be on the outlook today for those who need our/His love and care when they are down? 

Remember to .........LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment