Monday, November 28, 2011

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY OF THANKSGIVING 2011....

........have been away spending Thanksgiving with our special family, hope  you were too.  This year seemed extra special!  Didn't want to miss a thing, I seem to stay in the moment taking it all in. That mindset made me appreciate this special time of year more. After researching the meaning of Thanksgiving in my last post, it made it more meaningful.  I spent more time thinking through how blessed we are and have been over the years.

Traveling home yesterday, I thought back over the last few days spent celebrating with our children.  I think it was one of the best. It was so relaxing. When we arrived we were well organized with all our purchases ready to prepare the big meal.  Didn’t leave the house for days, until the time to say goodbye. As we left we were talking about our next month gathering for Christmas. We have so much to be thankful for, our heart are full.

Here is a little mini recap of our time.  The night before we left home I was up until midnight. I made two cakes the family likes.  A white iced pound cake and caramel cake. I think you can tell I just slapped the icing on the white cake.  Hey! the looks don't count it's the taste that matters and this was a good one was gone in no time......



Rob had ask me to make a caramel cake I hadn’t made one in years.  It was a hit making me feel good that I could please them.  They kept bragging on my creation until the last piece was gone.  What do you think?


The meal was prepared by Rob and myself he has a kitchen that would make the Food Channel studio sorry.  I enjoyed rattling his pots and pans even had the knives I see those chefs use on TV.



One downside not being use to sharp knives like that my hands looked like I had been in a battle had to use two bandaids, but it was worth it!

                                  Phil had to make a trip to the store for my medical supply...










Lyla waited by the window until his return.....











.......had plenty of football all day on TV while we enjoyed the fire.












Can’t beat candle lite all around and a warm fire at the close of the day in an old fashion fireplace, sitting and talk about old times when the kids were little.....
 

Coming home yesterday I was thankful that my memory bank had lots of new entries to cherish for the future.  Now it's your turn, take a little time to look back on your Thanksgiving Day 2011. Hope you have some memories that will be good ones for a long time.


Ask yourself these questions...
                 
What was the best thing we did that day?

What do we want to remember to do again next year?

While it is on your mind make a file of this year's menu and grocery list to pull out next year to jump start you for another time of good memories....








No comments:

Post a Comment