Friday, January 27, 2012

LIVING IN THE PRISON OF DREAD?...

I don’t usually re-post daily devotionals I receive in my mail each morning, but this one today really spoke to me. It got my attention, causing me to think you might need it too, right?

It will be something I will want to come back and read right here to remind me to “STOP IT”!

I have the tendency to pick up a “Spirit of Dread” that creeps over me from time to time, before I know it.  It can be like living in a PRISON and not knowing it, it's crazy! 
Usually when our schedule gets tight with back to back projects causing me to give up some of “my time”....oh my!..... or.... circumstances bearing down on me, it sneaks around with it's attack.

It takes hours and even days, in the past, to recognize something is going on in my mind.  In the future this will be a good tool to stop and read to remember what this "Friday Max Lacado's Devo" post says.   I encourage you to do the same.  Here it is this is RICH STUFF!.......




                          EVERYTHING YOU NEED


"Are you hoping that a change in circumstances will bring a change in your attitude? If so, you are in prison, and you need to learn a secret of traveling light. What you have in your Shepherd is greater than what you don’t have in life.

May I meddle for a moment? What is the one thing separating you from joy? How do you fill in this blank: “I will be happy when ________________”? When I am healed. When I am promoted. When I am married. When I am single. When I am rich. How would you finish that statement?


Now, with your answer firmly in mind, answer this. If your ship never comes in, if your dream never comes true, if the situation never changes, could you be happy? If not, then you are sleeping in the cold cell of discontent. You are in prison. And you need to know what you have in your Shepherd.


You have a God who hears you, the power of love behind you, the Holy Spirit within you, and all of heaven ahead of you. If you have the Shepherd, you have grace for every sin, direction for every turn, a candle for every corner, and an anchor for every storm. You have everything you need."




No comments:

Post a Comment