Sunday, May 5, 2013

BEING A MOM...WHAT AN HONOR!!!....


THESE TWO GUYS GIVE ME THE HONOR OF BEING A MOM!!!
Rob, our first born, turned 50 this year. It was a wake up moment for me. I felt glad and sad as the mom. Glad, because I'm thrilled seeing both our boys enjoy their adult lives as it unfolds.  My heart skips a beat with excitement when I see their accomplishments as Real Gentlemen!

ROB AND HIS WINNING SMILE!
Sad, because the days have flown by and I can’t hold them, rock them and sing to them.  Those days slipped before I knew it. 


God SO blessed us with another son, Phillip.  Yes, 3 years, 5 months, 22 days, 15 minutes later to be exact, at Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, GA. Dr Paul Turrentine came out of the delivery room and told Phil you have another healthy baby boyPhil told me the doctor had him all wrapped up carrying him like a football. The delivery of babies is so different these days!

PHILLIP LOVES HIS HOBBY COOKING ON HIS GREEN EGG
 I look back and think, poor childYou see, the second born doesn't get the same attention as the first born.  The first born gets the perfect "text book I've got to do it the right way" care.  You practice on the first born I quickly experienced the second child rearing day even faster in the school of mothering.  I think now, "where was I while they were growing up"?  I was so busy making sure they had the right foods, clean clothes, and homework done sending them off to school in life’s busyness.....

 



If I had it all over to do again, I would surely take time to live in the moment with them.  To just look into their eyes and see them as who they were and able to express my love and appreciation right then as little boys.  Things take over before you know it and the rich moments just zoom by.  Being a Mom is an Honor to be cherished! 

I'M SO GLAD I HAVE THIS MEMORY OF READING TO CAEDEN WHEN HE WAS THREE
 One word of advice is, don’t get lost and so busy in the fast pace of child rearing.  Take time to love that little one, hold him or her in your arms, kiss that little face and whisper those loving words in that little ear.  Before long, your job will be history in the task of keeping them clean, watching out for their safety and showing them how to build a God fearing life with courage to face life’s challenges.  One day you will look back and say, “What an Honor it is to be a Mom”....

Last Mother’s Day we attended the worship service at Oasis Church in Loganville with our kids.  Their Pastor’s Wife read this poem, and I could really relate.  Phillip ask her for a copy.  This speaks about what happens when we go through our busy days that swiftly take us away.  It’s so true, but Oh How I would long for another day like that now 50 years later....



"If You Give a Mom a Muffin.........................."




If you give a Mom a muffin,
She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.
The coffee will get spilled by her three year old.
She'll wipe it up. 
Wiping the floor, she will find some dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do some laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer,
She'll trip over some snow boots and bump into the freezer.
Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan dinner for
tonight. 
She will get out a pound of hamburger.
She will look for her cookbook (101 Things to Make With a Pound of
Hamburger).
The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail.
She will see the phone bill that is due tomorrow.
She will look for her checkbook. 
The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two year
old.
She'll smell something funny.
She'll change the two year old.
While she is changing the two year old the phone will ring.
Her four year old will answer it and hang up. 
She remembers that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee on
Friday.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
She will pour herself some. 
And chances are......
If she has a cup of coffee......
Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it.



Enjoy you life having the HONOR OF BEING A MOM!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment