Friday, August 10, 2007

SOOTHING OF MY SOUL


Deep in my Soul my MIND/EMOTION/WILL exists and sometimes there is unrest. My Mind is racing, my Emotions are running out of control, and in my Will, I then tend to make bad choices. I don’t want this to happen--at this point I become responsible and turn to the Word of God. It most likely is one of those times when things seem to be out of control. I am waiting to hear from Father about a situation I am facing, or just plain everyday stresses that are trying to move me off of the Truth!


Someone shared with me years ago a plan for reading God’s Word. They told me this will help you in the hard times and the peaceful times too! The scripture is food for our Soul. It lifts you up and puts you back on course and gives direction. David had a lot going on in his life and, when I read his writings from the Psalms, I know his experiences and his love for His God can give me the encouragement I need just for that moment.


I hope this will guide you to begin the path God has for you and you listen for Him to speak to your heart. My prayer for you is for you to enter into a rich relationship such as you have never experienced before with your Heavenly Father.

Begin reading today:

READING THE PSALMS IN A MONTH:

Whatever day of the month it is start reading that chapter number in the book of Psalms. For example, if it is the first day of the month read Ps.1. After reading Ps. 1, add 30 to it and read it, and add 30 again until you come to the end of Psalms. For Example:

First Day: Ps. 1, 31, 61, 91, & 121

Second Day: Ps. 2, 32, 62, 92, & 122


On the day you come to Ps. 119, skip over it. If the month has 31 days, you will read Ps. 119 only on that day. Reading the Psalms this way will allow you to read them through in a month. You will be surprised how you will need just the chapters for what you might be facing on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment