Monday, September 3, 2007

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

I read this verse, “Be Still and Know that I am God,” Psalms 46:10. It caused me to take note that I had not experienced a time with Him in a while, a time to get to know Him and learn of His care for me. Living so fast is like driving in Europe on the Autobahn. You're driving fast, with the speedometer showing over one hundred, looking out the window cars are passing going faster than you. There’s something wrong with that!

Is it good to go so fast that life is but a speed of light zooming by? Well, NO! So what can you do? Just say, “Stop it” and experience the moment. Get alone, sit quietly using your senses God gave you. Ask these questions; maybe write them in your journal. What do I hear? What do I smell? What do I feel…inside and out? Begin to get quiet in your mind where all the “chatter” goes on. Now be still in your Soul where your Mind, Emotions and Will reside. Let your Spirit be open to the voice of God. He wants to speak to you as His child. The words you might be hearing are, “I love you my child." "I’ll go with you.” “It will be OK, you are going to make it, I will always be with you and never leave you or forsake you.” You might be saying by now, “Why haven’t I taken this time before now?”

After experiencing this time alone with God I feel refreshed, realizing it has been a time of getting in line with those things that are His and made mine to live out life each day. Setting my mind on His love for me, and for me to give my love back to Him, has brought strength to my being. What if I had not taken this “time out” to focus on the Truth to guide my thoughts and feelings? Then the things of this world would have been my directing power instead causing worry, doubts and fears, resulting in a life of defeat!

Now that I know what this has done for me, this devoted time; I can’t wait until another day to Stop and LIVE IN THE MOMENT!


No comments:

Post a Comment