Thursday, June 10, 2010

OH! WHAT LOVE THE FATHER HAS FOR US….




Just had to share this with you today, it’s too good to pass up! Been going through a lot lately and feeling overwhelmed, my guess is you have too. "Who ain't?"

"Who ain't?" is a phrase we say around our house, when we say something about ourselves and realize others are experiencing the same thing. We coined the phrase many years ago, after I had gone to the doctor feeling tired, and convinced that I had some bad disease. Thankfully, I had a doctor that wouldn’t let me whine. Dr Hillsman would make good calls on my condition at my visits. Being a pastor’s wife at the time, I had been “spinning my wheels” doing ministry. One day I went in ready to convince him I was really coming down with “something”. He sat, listening to me with full attention, while I shared my concern for my physical condition. I looked at him expecting some sympathy and said, “doctor I’m just tired”. With my folder in his hand, seated with one leg cross, glasses on the end of his nose, he looked up at me and said, ”Who ain’t?” Well, that day he put me in my place, along with giving this family a one liner. For many years now we have used it to accomplish just what it says, “SO you’re not the only one”. I went away with a wellness also that day, one in the mind that was trapped believing a lie!

Well back to my morning experience. Father knows I learn well with “’Word Pictures”. So while reading my Scripture for the day along with some devotionals, I was feeling in my worry mode….THEN …the message, it said to me “I am here and it’s alright, I WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU”. It had rained heavy then the sun began to appear for the morning light and Wow! Right out in my front window was a beautiful rainbow only He could put there for me. I felt like the only person is this whole world with Him and He was speaking to me. In my mind I thought, Oh God You are so good to me and You love me so much to set this rainbow right in front of my house….I GET IT!

I hope as I share this with you, you can enjoy it with me. When you look at it, think about what ever you are facing, can you hear something just for you? Listen I know He is telling you the same thing…..

No comments:

Post a Comment