Sunday, July 18, 2010

MULTI TASKING




What is the definition of Multi Tasking? Well I Goggled it and here is what Wikipedia says:
“Human multitasking is the performance by an individual of appearing to handle more than one task at the same time. The term is derived from computer multitasking. An example of multitasking is listening to a radio interview while typing an email. Some believe that multitasking can result in time wasted due to human context switching and apparently causing more errors due to insufficient attention. Other research illustrates our brains are capable dealing with certain 'dual multiple tasks' at the same time.”

How many things can you do at the same time? I find myself running in circles and I have to say, “Mary, STOP, step back and breath, breath, breath. I do like to get lots of things done. During a time in the past, I had to get out and clean houses, yes that’s in my list of careers. That is where I learned to work a plan by taking one room at a time, go left to right, top to bottom and don’t leave the room until it is finished.

Can’t our lives get in a mess all jumbled up, with sometimes over committing ourselves? We have the tendency to take on responsibly that belongs to others, and if you have little ones at home still I just know what that looks like getting them to all their commitments. Where do you find yourself in all that, know what I’m saying? Do you feel lost in the shuffle?

When I get this way, I have to stop and think now multi tasking can be a good thing if used correctly. Phil, my husband says, “anything taken to extreme can become a hindrance to us”, and he is so right! In God’s Word Paul said in Philippians 3:13 “this one thing I do”, not all these “thousand things”. Less mistakes would be made, I betcha!

Plan you day and work your plan then you will get those things done and have time for yourself. We’re living in rat race lifestyles like one of those hamsters in its cage going around and around. Ever feel like that? Life doesn’t have to be that way, I think recognizing it is half the cure. Drop back and check where you are in the here and now. See if you fit what I am saying here and let me hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment