Monday, September 6, 2010

HOW NICE IS THAT…


Just sayin’ today what’s on my mind! I have a friend who is excited about her Life in Christ. She was already a live wire, full of joy, likeable, never meets a stranger type and a beautiful girl inside and out, but had hit a wall in her life. Recently, she did some work on her issues from the past that were a hindrance to her moving forward. You see, when we unload those things, “those weights that so easily beset us” as spoken of in the Scriptures in Hebrews 12:1 ”Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us”, we are then able to become all we were created to be. We can now live in dependence on God. Free to live the Exchanged Life giving up the life we were “trying to live” and exchanging it for His life that does work. Christ can then live in and through us as a stream of living waters flowing through out with out a “Log jam” of our “stuff” from the past. She did just that and OH! How proud I am of her!

Now, free as a bird, my friend and her husband flew out in their plane yesterday evening. It was to test out her new camera she said, but turned into a collection of a spectacular display of Father’s work. He just “out did Himself” I thought as I viewed her pictures and I said, “How Nice is That!”, looking over the pictures captured. She was able to go up and visit God, so to speak, were my thoughts and He show off for her! That sunset was His best!!! It was like He was sending her a telegram saying, “Baby Girl I am so proud of you this one’s for you!”

I am excited for her, praying for both she and her husband as they leave for Africa in the next few days. They will be giving their time and efforts to carry medical supplies to an orphanage. This is what she does caring for others in her way.

Hum…as I think of my friend, maybe I and you that stop by today, should take inventory of our lives. Let’s look and see what are we doing to step outside of our world to help others. Who do we know today that could use a smile, a helping hand or just a cool cup of water of encouragement? Think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment