Thursday, September 2, 2010

LEARN FROM THE PEARL…


Over the years I have said this, “Learn From the Pearl” sharing with people who have persons in their lives that are an irritation. Those people can be a pain some times, making you want to run from them.

Have you ever studied the forming of a Pearl, how it is formed in the Oyster? It starts with a grain of sand inside an Oyster, it becomes an irritant. It rubs and may even become painful.  It stays there until one day a fine Pearl comes forth. This is a jewel that will be adorn by someone, causing the eyes to look upon a beautiful creation made from something that was difficult to work through.  Oh! but how valuable it is in the end! The results is a pearl that is something so pleasing for the eye to behold.

I read this recently; it caught my attention and has the same connotation. “A Pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear that results from the injury of the Oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.”

Now lets put this in our every day lives. Do you have someone you are getting impatience with that just will not go away? Is this person “in your face”? Could even be an IRRITATION PERSONIFIED? These people could be a Husband or a Wife, one of your Kids (OH my goodness! AND….when that kid becomes a teenager or young adult!!!...Sorry excuse me while I have a sudden emotional out burst here.... HELP!), moving right along……. or a Neighbor, a Boss, Father-in-Law, Mother-in-Law or Daughter-in-Law or yes a Son-in-Law? I could keep naming them on and on but you can fill in the blank with your person/ or pearl here_____________. These people I call my “Sandpaper People”! The Pearl that one-day proves that perfection in you and me.

I hear you; your question is “so what do I do?” First, stop and realize there is a reason for this one in your path of life. Oh yeah! They might be a "REAL PAIN", but we can learn so much from this kind of person. It might be something you can contribute to them.  In more times than not, you're getting more benefits learning life’s lessons in your life.  These encounters can build strong character that "money can’t buy".  

In my One Year Bible reading just this morning I saw so many important statements from Solomon, a wise man.  Read the first three chapters of Ecclesiastes he says so much about Wisdom and Understanding and just about life in general.

Do you see the picture here? When you encounter this situation and you can't escape.  You are getting so irritable, expressing your FLESH.... remember this person is making something VALUABLE in you.  Stop and say, “there is a Pearl in the making here and I am going to see it to the end.”  Many lessons can be learned from that "Grain of Sand" in your path. One day you will see it come forth, Bright with Strong Value….and…I bet if someone ask, “what do you want for that Jewel?” you would say, “It’s NOT for sale!”

No comments:

Post a Comment