Friday, December 31, 2010

THIS LAST DAY OF 2010….


Can you believe it! We are on the last day of 2010. Seems like just yesterday I feared Y2K, “the change over from 1999 to 2000.” Funny, I was wondering what would happen at the mid-night stoke, to my “precious computer” that thing that can become my “drug of choice”. Wait a minute, I am telling you too much, just kidding! Hope you don’t mind listening to me and my honesty you will get to see inside of me but I suspect you are identifying with me or you wouldn’t come back….

So let’s talk about this year. What did you do that made a difference? Making a difference in something outside of you that helps another. I like to think it is leaving your footprint behind when you have left this earth. You may never know that one thing you have done that helped another or you may get to know. When it is not about you, you want care to know, you just move on to the next thing of “giving out”.

What did you do for self-improvement this year? I don’t mind telling this one thing about me that makes me feel I accomplished something. I lost 12 pounds! YAY! It was not so hard I practiced putting food in the right perspective. I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full. I found out that “diet thinking” makes me get into what we call the “Law of Probation”. You say what is that? Glad you ask, it is when you put a restraint or restriction on something and it will turn around and make you want it. Example, what do you do when you see a “Wet Paint” sign? I know, you just have to touch it. Well this is the way it works in the world of food consumption, you discover what foods good for you, eat them in moderation and you will become the weight for your unique frame. Yes you can even have cake or your favorite Latte but not all the time go for more veggies and fruit, that’s where I got in trouble over the years. So much for that……

This year I enjoyed reading through the One Year Bible again for the third year! It just does something for me, reminding me the world is not going to fall apart that God is the creator and He will hold me in His hand, that He knows what is going on and is not asleep. I see how big He is and as I go through my day I want to help others to know these things. Just yesterday, I was able to help someone who is hurting to know He was caring for them as I shared. I heard Him say in my spirit tell her I love her and give her 20 dollars. As I walked away I saw tears as she said a big Thank You!

So yeah, like yours my year has had some pain, rainy days even real Black Days! I felt like I would not make it sometimes, but I am here to tell you, I did. One thing I have discovered was, it was those days that have the strong potential to build character. Its like when you work out with weights you build muscles. Those heavy things will build the strength to face life’s most difficult challenges as you walk the path of life. One thing for sure we are not alone, our Heavenly Father is with us all the way! I love my life verse He gave me several years ago, it is Psalms 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Hope you can look back over your year and see accomplishments and maybe look at those defeats with different eyes, don’t let them take you down, let them take you up…..

No comments:

Post a Comment