Thursday, January 6, 2011

SANDPAPER PEOPLE OH HOW I LOVE THEM, YEAH RIGHT!!!....


SANDPAPER PEOPLE…. are you wondering what that means? You know you have them around you each day in different ways. Some are those you bump into in passing, could be a relative, could be someone living right in your home giving you a feeling that they must be “attached to the hip” and you can’t escape their behavior that “stinks”. Bottom line they are in your space and you are irritated!!! Now you get the picture?

I think I told you I am reading through the Bible again this year. I like it when I am reading and something jumps off the page like it is illuminated with my name on it, like it did this morning. Reading a portion of scripture in Matthew, I was reminded of a client we had in our office last year, that made me so mad and I never get upset with anyone like that. But she caught me off guard with her vulgar comment toward me. If I didn’t realize that “hurt people, hurt people” and believe me she was hurting to the core, I would have taken action on her. I had to step back, take a deep breath and view what was going on in the here and now. As I was reading this portion of scripture I mentioned, that I would share later, I had written in the margin the name of this person “who attacked me, dressing me down”!!! I was convicted again as I read the words going into my soul.

Here’s my take on Sandpaper People and over my lifetime I have encountered many. Believe it or not, they are good for us. That is so hard to say, but actually its right! It seems like I might draw them to me, aggravating me to the bone and I “hate it when it happens”.  So I put on my good face and endure them knowing like sandpaper they “knock off the ruff edges” of my Flesh….ouch that hurts! Yes, but it reveals those things that other wise I would not see that are hindrances to the best life that I might be missing. I know sometimes the enemy wants to trip me up and he uses people to do it in me personally so I turn it around and it back fires on his plan. I turn it around and make it work for me. Like the verse says, “all things work together” well you know what? They do!

Read this “fresh off the press” reading I had this morning. See how it will fit into your life right now, you might have an encounter with someone today.  File this information away for the future, because trust me, they will be in your path so get ready and be prepared. Now let this soak in.  Maybe mark it in your Bible like I did so each time you read it, there will be a “heads up” like a telegram from God saying this is what I want you to do.  Go over this information and ask Holy Spirit to speak to you showing you how to love that person in your path.....

Matthew 5:43-48 (New Living Translation) “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment