Sunday, February 20, 2011

ARE YOU MORE INTERESTED IN THE HEALING THAN THE HEALER?


The above question stopped me in my tracks! I saw it written on top of a page in my Bible. I had put it there some time ago but it spoke to me today… again! Reading the accounts of Jesus going from town to town healing people in the book of Mark. I’m wondering how they felt seeing miracles right before their eyes. I thought, are these people wanting Jesus for who he is or for what he can do for them? I am afraid I might fit in the last category most of the time. As I think about it, I want to listen to my prayers more often and redirect them to expressing my gratitude and gratefulness to Him for who He is and not what He can do for me. I really want to learn more about Him in relationship, knowing He resides in me and not as some external being that will do “stuff” as I need it.

All to often we get in a tight place and want what ever we are facing to be “fixed” right away, ASAP! It is at that time we call out in desperation for help when we come to the end of our own resources. I’m not sure He wants to answer those “help me” prayers because it might be something that would be letting our flesh get its way. Then we wonder, “why are You so quite Lord, not answering my prayers”. Ouch! That might hurt, but it’s good for us to think about. So, are you pondering these thoughts with me? Do you have more “fix it” prayers, or more, “I just want to sit here and visit a while” prayers? I really do want to have more times of being quite in listening prayer, experiencing who He is, resting in Him? Don’t you?

This is your homework for the week, find a quite place, open your prayer to Him in gratitude, then just sit and listen. You will be amazed at what you will hear…..

PS:
I read this quote today you might find interesting…
"Lord, now I know why you give no answer, you are the answer"
C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment