Tuesday, February 15, 2011

DO YOU WALK IN THE SPIRIT?…


Galatians 5:16 “So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”

That’s my question this morning. Things are going on around us that want to take us away from “Walking in the Spirit”, check and see if you are breathing, if you are, you have this going on. The last part of the verse says if we do choose to walk in the Spirit we will not gratify the desires of the flesh. Now isn’t that a promise?!!!

What does it look like to Walk in The Spirit? You will have peace; people will notice something is different about you. Oh and the Fruit of the Spirit will be flowing through you freely. Just to name a few….

As a Christian we have all this working for us In Christ. I’m reading through the Bible this year I think I told you, and yesterday I was reading in Matthew. This caught my eye and I was astounded to say the least, it donned on me the power that we do have as Jesus as He spoke this to his now 11 men. I think they were shaking in their boots as he appeared to them, and this is what he said. But first get the picture, Jesus had been to the cross, died and was buried, the guards sealed the stone as requested my Herod. On Sunday morning the two women came to the tomb and “Suddenly” (I love the “suddenly’s in the Bible!) there was a great earthquake because an angel came down and rolled away the stone and sat on it. The angel spoke to the two Mary’s and said, “don’t be afraid! I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified, He isn’t here.” Then they were told to go tell the disciples. Can’t you see them running? Wow!

Well they went and they told and the news was out! Now here’s what I want you to see here it is exactly as I read it in the light of knowing we have this In Christ. It is powerful! Matthew 28:18 - 20 says this, 18“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” I got all excited when I read these words…. He said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” That means it is just what He said on the cross was completed, “It Is Finished”. The victory has been won and you know what? We can Walk in The Spirit…

My heart is moved when I think of how simple the Christian life is. It is all done for us, just using simple Faith we can walk out each day enjoying life and having “the joy of the Lord as our Strength”. We can accomplish anything we set out to do In Christ. Looking back through my pictures I came across some pictures we took on a day we had Caeden. We took him to the Mall which we like to do and walking to the car they were ahead of me and I saw them hand in hand and it looked so peaceful, it was a trust that I saw as I saw a little child holding the hand of his granddad trusting him as he walked along and that’s the picture for this day to remind us we are not alone and we have all we need to walk each day holding the Big Hand of our Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment