Wednesday, March 2, 2011

STAY HEAVEN MINDED...

My friend Teresa, told me about a book that I had to read. She was raving about it, even had given it to several friends. I ask Phil to buy it for me. In less than five minutes it was there for me to read on the iPad. I started reading it and couldn’t stop. I finished it and thought, “that’s funny the book she told me about did not have a boy in a car wreck”. Somehow we had ordered the wrong book and I read it as being the one my friend told me about. Right away Phil made the correction and the book, the right book, was purchased and ready for me to read. I started in reading the second book and couldn’t put it down either. I told you all that to tell you this… I got a message in reading those two books. The two books I read, the one by mistake, was “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven” and the other one was “Heaven Is For Real”. They both got me Heaven Minded. Wow! What great books you must take time to get them for your library you will not be sorry!!!

It gave me a whole new perspective on Heaven, causing me to become Heaven Minded. We get so caught up in this ole world, even to the point of dreading dying and leaving this place. I look around at all the bad stuff going on and think WHY do I want to hang around this? I believe God had a reason for me reading those two books last week, with the same theme. I learned so much. One thing, I have been going through some things that have had me troubled. I have the tendency to get myself in a fix. Don’t you act like you don’t know what I am talking about, you do it too!! I learn so much from these “schools” of life. Learning and then thinking Wow! I don’t want to go back and take that class over.

Just yesterday morning, I ask Holy Spirit to show me how to get my mind off these things that were controlling my mind and were bothering me. It seems each day my mind was thinking about it, sometimes without realizing it. A verse popped in my mind, right after my request. Now get this picture. Years ago my husband as a young eager Youth Pastor, would have the boys and me to sit around the kitchen table every morning before they went to school and work on memorizing Bible verses. I would think, please give us a break as his eagerness kept us at the grind, studying. Well yesterday, some 40 years later, it paid off. Little did I know, that one of those verses in my memory bank would save my mind from going in a wrong direction, causing me to be moved off the truth. Holy Spirit had something to work with giving me the verse that would apply to my present situation; it was there all the time. This is the verse, Colossians 3:2 “Set your mind on things above and not on things on this earth”. That’s it, I began to think, this has to be the way to live in a “not worried” state. When we think Heaven Minded we allow Him to work things out. It was then I thought, there is no mistake I read those two books on Heaven. They paved the way for God to show me the answer to setting my mind. After I sat thinking out these things, I checked my email and I got another message from God. It was like He wanted to reinforce what He had said before. I love it when this happens; in my mail was the Gateway verse of the day. This verse was so timely, Psalm 73:25-26 “Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Hope my story of yesterday’s event helps someone today. I look forward to Heaven one day and in the meantime I will have Heaven here Being Heaven Minded even though things around us are going crazy…we can do it ….He said so….

No comments:

Post a Comment