Saturday, April 9, 2011

BE AN ENCOURAGER NOT A WORRIER…

Proverbs 12:25.....
Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.” NLT

Well hello again!.... I didn’t know I would write again this soon, but I had this in me and wanted to get it out on paper. While reading my daily read today in the One Year Bible plan the last verse jumped out at me. I thought, I need to take heed to this and I think others out there could too! Proverbs 12:25 “ Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.”

This powerful verse is chock full of information that can change you in your whole Spirit, Soul and Body. Let me tell you my “take away” from this. My unique flesh pattern is “worries, doubts and fear”. I have the tendency to kick right in participating in those three “brain space robbers”, that’s contrary to who I am in Christ…..UNTIL… I realize it and say out loud, “STOP IT”. When I am giving into this “W/D/F mode” of activity, which is contrary to who I am in Christ, I replace the lie with the truth. So right now this TRUTH verse popped into my mind, Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me”. Now how good is that!!!!

Enough of the first part of today’s verse, let’s get on to the last part, “an encouraging word cheers a person up.

” That phrase is actually what caught my eye. I not only enjoy having someone encourage me, I enjoy encouraging others. I want to be an encourager and be a good one! I have realized that when I practice the last part of this verse I am less likely to have the first part of the verse control my life. Try it! Go out and find someone and give him or her an encouraging word. Believe me they are out there just waiting for something to turn around their world into positive action. Maybe it’s you right now needing some encouragement. So here is your encouragement from me. “You are a beautiful creation, you are here on earth because your Heavenly Father decided to create you one day. It doesn’t matter what circumstances or vessel He used to get you here. You are here for a reason, you have a purpose and remember you can’t live your life, but He can!

No comments:

Post a Comment