Tuesday, April 5, 2011

OUR ADULT CHILDREN NEED OUR PRAYERS…


OUR ADULT CHILDREN NEED OUR PRAYERS…
    We live in different times than when I grew up, and they are changing day by day.  I'm sensing more and more how we as parents need to pray for our children.  My children are adults, but that doesn't mean I won't be there for their needs, through prayer. This verse has meant a lot to me over the years, Proverbs 22:6  “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, we will not depart from it.”  
    I remember our oldest son; Rob living a lifestyle that caused me concern.  He came to me one day and said, “Mom when are you going to trust me with what you taught me?”   His words stopped me in my tracks, and to this day I share them with other parents.                                 
    Parenting is never over.  The nights you are up with your babies with fevers or trying to stay awake to feed or diaper them is easy. When they hit adulthood, you ache to see them as Adult’s face life’s challenges head-on. 
     I ran across a book recently online by Stormie Omartian, a writer of many books on Prayer.  You can find her material at Amazon.com.  It is “THE POWER OF PRAYING FOR YOUR ADULT CHILDREN.”
     In her book, there is a prayer for your Adult Children. It will help you release your concerns to the One that will take them and work them out for their good.  
     I know from personal experience I am reaping from my grandfather's prayers for me as a teen. I could hear him call out my name to God.  I would listen to Papa's door asking God to keep me in His care.  Today those prayers are still at work in my life.  Prayer is putting words into action that carry our children through the storms of life. 
     Below is a Prayer Pattern (taken from Stormie Omartian’s book)  it will be helpful to pray for your Children as Holy Spirit moves you to give your worries and cares for that dear one in your heart to God releasing them in His Care!…
 "Lord, You have said that in the last days You will pour out Your Spirit upon all flesh.  I cry out to You from the depths of my heart and ask that You would pour out Your Holy Spirit upon my adult children.  Pour out Your Spirit upon my other family members and me as well.  Pour out Your Spirit on all my adult children’s in-laws, both present, and future.  Pour out Your Spirit upon whatever difficult circumstances each of my adult children is facing.  Be Lord over every part of their lives and every aspect of their beings.  Speak to my adult children’s hearts and help them to hear from You.  Enable them to understand Your leading and direction for their lives.
In Jesus Name I pray."


No comments:

Post a Comment