Monday, May 13, 2013

SIGNS OF SPRING!...



Daisies in the fields are a sure sign of Springtime.....
 
The Spring of 2013 in Georgia is so different. It has thrown us a curve.   

Every year its like clock work, you can predict the temperatures and know when that long awaited season gets here.   

This year it is teasing us. One day you wear sandals and shorts the next winter boots and heavy jackets. What's the deal???



Being almost the middle of May, I found an interesting thing.

Neatly spun on the rail of my porch, is a Robin's nest. Looking at the construction will amaze you, it is precisely made And seems like overnight this bird plopped it right here in the corner....

....and look how she sits on this nest like a good mother.....


 I could not stand it, I had to see what was inside.  I waited for her to fly away,  and took a picture of its content.  I could hear her squawking in a tree near by like a good responsible mother! What I found was so beautiful. What do you think?....



Also because of these cool temps, I didn’t want to take a chance having my Iris get frostbite.  Taking a few in doors made a nice table arrangement to enjoy....
 




 One last photo of Spring in Virginia.  Someone posted it on Facebook I couldn't help but think how nice it is to see the "virgin green" everywhere spreading across the mountains, announcing  another year of a beautiful season ....



Hope you have enjoyed the happenings in my part of the world and that you take time to see all the fresh beauty springing forth for yet another wonderful time of the year, called SPRING!....

No comments:

Post a Comment