Tuesday, May 31, 2011

AT MY BACK DOOR….

I didn’t plan it this way but it’s turning out to be one of my favorite beauty spots in my yard. And the smell of the Sweet Shrubs as wind blows in my window is outstanding. As I returned home from my visit to town today, I noticed them. They were standing at attention as I walked by. I just had to share them with you, right here. I wish it was where we could take a walk in my yard together and let me tell you their stories but we can’t because of time or miles, so I will try to do it here. Pretend you are walking with me let me tell you about them….

The Sweet Shrub is a plant that flowers often in the Spring and Summer. I have loved them since I was a little girl. My girlfriend and I would take a walk down our street and at one of the houses we could smell this sweet aromas that would stop you in your tracks. It brings back sweet memories when I smell them. A few years back a neighbor had some blooming in her garden and I ask her what it was and she said, “well that is an old fashion plant you don’t see much any more called Sweet Shrub”. It was like seeing an old friend I hadn’t seen in a long time. She was glad to share a piece of it with me to plant in my yard. Today I have it right by my door for others to enjoy…


One day I got a gift in a pot with beautiful flowers of a purple hue that was soothing to the eye. I enjoyed it for a good while in my home but later placed it in the ground beside my Sweet Shrub to enjoy as I walk out my door. Each year I can’t wait to see the color it will display. The soil has a lot to do with its color. The Hydrangeas have been around for years. You might want to read about them in your spare time at this interesting website
http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/


Hope you have enjoyed our walk in my yard and the stories of a few of my flowers I love. My name being Mary, I can not tell you how many times people have said to me, “Mary, Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow?” Well I have tried not to be contrary and I think I can say I have kept my garden well in my life time. I think I can say with pride….“It’s very well thank you”…..Enjoy my garden with me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment