Honey Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour (I use cake flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats, rolled (raw)
- opt. Dried fruit such as: raisins, chopped dates, dried cranberries (I use about ½ cup packed)
- opt. Nuts such as: chopped pecans or chopped walnuts (I use about ½ to 1 cup)
Another idea is to press all the cookie dough out on a large cookie sheet used to make jelly roll, line with parchment paper. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes at 350 watch carefully may take less time depending on your oven. ( mine takes 20 minutes and they are nice and chewy) Let cool and cut into small finger size pieces takes less time this way.
Wish you were here, you could taste these with me while we had a nice, long chat.....