Friday, March 9, 2012

FORGIVE AND LOVE WHO?...

Matthew 22:37-39 - Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself."
How can you love someone else if you don't love yourself? Failing to apply this principle can cause a road block, hindering us from loving God and loving others.  If we love others under these conditions then I have to say, "poor neighbors!"


I know you are asking can I do this? Isn't this selfish? and even can cause us to become "All About Me"?  NO! That is not the case according to our above verse.  Love yourself so you can love your neighbor, how do you love yourself? Start by forgiving yourself.  How do you do that?  Would be good to start by getting to know you, really knowing you. By failing to get in connection with the core “you”, causes you to miss out on the real life that belongs to you.  You miss the development of the person God created and loves more than anything.  If this is so and it is, then knowing God loves me the One Who matters most, then why isn’t it possible for us to love and care in a healthy way?  Good question!  I'm assuming you get the point.  This is a good place to start teaching you how to begin getting to know you, why not start with your beginning......


My days of self-discovery began evolving when I turned 50.  Funny, I have a "love/hate" relationship with those "0" years.  When I reached this point in my life it was like God said, “OK, Mary your folder has come up and it is time to work on some things!”  It was at that time I realized I had no idea who I was or what I wanted.  It was as though I was in a crowd and whatever direction it was going that was the way I would go.  Stamped out just like them, no difference.  And I was bored with life and it was NOT working.   I read somewhere about how sad it is if we had a song in us and when we died the song was still in us….unsung!  I had a song that was wanting to get out….


After facing my "demons or dragons", whatever you want to call it, I was set free and I began to see others differently even those who had hurt me.  I can forgive because I have forgiven myself and it feels so good. 

I pray for you to make this discovery soon!  Life is too short to pass through this earth and not have a healthy care of oneself.  God didn't make a mistake when he created you, he created you for Himself so why would He make a mistake?  I get excited to think that one day He decided to have me and that includes you too.  "Yeah!" You might be saying, but you don't know how I got here, it doesn't matter what vehicle he used to get you here or the circumstances surrounding you.  You are here and it is up to you to discover what you are about and what difference you want to make on this earth.  A good start will be by having a date with YOU!  Forgive YOU, anybody else that may be on the list and even God . Take care of what is troubling you by getting your conscience clear and living with a clean slate.  

......Now that all that is out of the way, make a New Beginning by making a declaration of appreciation with a plan for a Life.....

 

........Now here's your formula:  
Forgive yourself, move on down the road of discovery watch out for someone you can show love to today.... and... Enjoy Life,  I am!!!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment