Thursday, August 19, 2010

EVERYBODY HAS A STORY........


What is a story? You have a story; it is what has happened through out your life that has made you. It could have been what was “done” to you or what was not “done” for you meeting the needs to build character allowing you to have the best life or it could have been “cruddy” either way you still have a story and it is what you do with it that counts. You can give back to others so this world can be a better place as you give yours away. You can make a mark while you are here on your journey passing through.

So what’s yours? I like to motivate people to Journal. Writing about what is going on in the here and now, it is so beneficial. Events and feelings are documented and it’s good for later research or to see what was going happening on a certain day or year. You can take a look at your life as it unfolds. Some people feel it is so horrible they don’t want to put such on paper…go ahead it’s healing and you can change the names to protect the innocent or put the names down to tell the truth.

When I journal, feelings come out that I wasn’t aware of. Just the other day, I was looking through one of my 10 journals. In one of my first, so it was 19 years ago I had written something that spoke back to me like stroke of lighten. A side note here, I like to use a 5-subject spiral notebook. It works well for a good while. You should see mine, I’ve taped all kind of things on the front and inside…and love it! I could not get over how I had matured as I read what happened back in Oct of 1991. An event that was life changing had happened, it had the potential to cause a major detour for Phil and me. During that time, I noticed we had used good judgment while we were in a “holding pattern” waiting always has been hard for me. But we were “hanging tough” as the winds blew strong across our being and we were not destroyed by it, we came out for
the better, as I looked back. Prayer was the key element while we tried to stay on course walking in the Spirit and not after the Flesh. I was able to read the details of those very dark days that went on and on. I thought we would never get to the other side, as we said later, it was like walking though a “mine field” on the battleground of life!!! I know how I was feeling in those moments back then, not wanting to put those things on paper, but I did. I’m so glad, now they are used as a reminder to see how God’s hand was faithful and how Holy Spirit guided us when we couldn’t see the light of day.

I am a fanatic about Journaling; in fact, you might want to look back at my post on May 6th of this year. I share more thoughts on the subject with a different slant. Don’t forget to notice my sweet friend Lisa Inlow’s comment at the bottom about her experience, you can see I am not the only one enjoying this valuable life activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment