Saturday, August 7, 2010

MY DEAD LEAVES BLOW AWAY!


Recently on FB someone that I respect and read put a comment out about Repentance.
In his teaching, he can explain so well the working out of the Christian life. I don’t usually comment on someone’s entry if they are well known. If you do, well you know how it is, later my iPhone makes a “ding” every time someone responds, but I did and it has gone off a “thousand times”!!! This time I just had to chime in, read his response as I share it here. You certainly can understand him well because he is so gifted in using “word pictures”. It will allow you as the student, to see it and get it.


His original statement: “We are indeed to "repent of our sin" and there's only one way to do that. Repentance means a complete change of our mind. We must do a 180-degree about-face in thinking that we still need forgiveness and begin to recognize the truth that our sins ARE forgiven already. There's our repentance. That, and that alone, is the only catalyst that will truly change the way we act. Want to confess your sin? Then do it this way: "Thank God! My sins have been forgiven and taken away!" That's New Covenant confession. Repentance is not some sort of religious behavior modification.


Here is my comment on Repentance: “Repentance is agreeing with Father as I confess my wrong, knowing Jesus paid it all and it is FINISHED I am FORGIVEN, as Holy Spirit convicts me of who I am, not of what I have done like "shame on you"...thanks for allowing Holy Spirit to share with us via you, in your easy to understand way it has taught me so much now will you grade me on the above?”


This is his response to mine: “Mary - if my Father isn't in the grading business, why would I? He gave you a 100% score already, so I won't dispute Him on that :) I like your point that the Holy Spirit "convicts me of who I am..." I think that, as He does that, and we confess what is "right", the "wrong" will just drop away like dead leaves off a tree as the Gentle Wind blows across it.”

Wow! Did you hear what he just said?...You need to read it again, he said, “the Holy Spirit "convicts me of who I am..." I think that, as He does that, and we confess what is "right", the "wrong" will just drop away like dead leaves off a tree as the Gentle Wind blows across it.”

How much better can it get? My heart is full as I think of how God has provided everything we need to live on this earth until He brings us home or He comes for us! We have His Life and He has even told us, "I have come that you might have life and even more abundantly!" WOW.... let the Gentle Wind blow over my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment