Sunday, November 14, 2010

AN INTERVIEW WITH A CELEBRITY….


Just got this idea. Jenny O’Kelly our friend, has this pig named Gravy, she takes him places and it has become quite an attraction. She has been a third grade teacher for several years until recently she resigned to go to the mission field. She will serve in Romania under ABWE. Please remember to pray for her as she goes out to this mission.

Just for fun I thought it would be interesting to interview her pet, whose name is Gravy, so here goes.....

Today I am interviewing a real celebrity who has been around lots of places to say the least. This is Gravy O’Kelly who has traveled to places maybe some of you have not been able to go and we would like to hear about them along with other questions to get to know him or her. BTW for a starter that will answer our first question…..

Are you male or female?
I know it's hard to tell because I am pink, but I'm a boy pig.

When were you born?
Well, I'm not exactly sure when I was born per se, but I was adopted in 2007.

Where were you born?
Who knows probably China.

What is your whole name?
My whole name is Gravy Boat O'Kelley, but it was shortened to Gravy B. and then to just Gravy.

Are you married?
No, but I have a girlfriend. Her name is Biscuit.

Gravy how many countries have you traveled?
Well, let's see... 6 countries so far, but that'll grow more as time goes on I'm sure. I've been to Canada, China, Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, and Greece.

How many States have you been in?
Oh man tons of States! Let's see...15, I think. Georgia (of course), Florida, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Washington DC, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Indiana, got lost in New Jersey recently!(11/19/10 update going to Portugal as we speak)

Who are some of the people you have been pictured with?
I love to meet famous people! Some of the ones I've met are Beth Moore, Louie Giglio, Charlie Hall, Kirk Franklin, Oscar the Grouch, Kermit the Frog, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Mary Poppins, and Donald Duck.

What is your most memorable experience?
I've had so many, so I can't pick just one. I'll have to give you my top five.
#1 Standing on the Great Wall of China
#2 Getting blessed my the Pope (I was stowed away in a kid's backpack so he didn't know he blessed a pig too!)
#3 Touching the Liberty Bell (You're not allowed to touch it you know, but the lady let me because I was so special.)
#4 Seeing the metal round of ski jump at the Vancouver Olympic games
#5 Getting to meet amazing people around the world

Who do you contribute your success in your lifetime?
I owe most of my success to my owner Jenny and her friend Amarius. If it were not for them, I'd still be in the clearance basket at Barnes and Noble.

Speaking of your lifetime just how old are you?
In pig years, 6. In people years, 3.

What type of bed do you sleep in?
Well, I'm sort of an abused pig at times. I just sleep where ever she throws me, which is usually on the floor or the back seat of the car. She does try to remember to get me out of the car when it's really cold or really hot. I can't complain though I mean I used to be shoved in a clearance basket.

What is you favorite food?
I'm not going to lie, I love a good hot dog with mustard!

How do you keep your figure staying slim being you are a pig?
Moderation and activity are the key. I'm always on the go and I try not to eat more than 15 meals a day. It also helps that my throat is sewn shut. Keeps the calories out.

What are some of the things you would put on your “Bucket List”?
I've always wanted to stand on the Great Pyramids in Egypt. I also want to visit Australia and get my picture taken with a kola in the wild. I want to go to Africa, it doesn't matter where. I also want my picture taken with John Piper, David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, Oprah, Dr. Phil, and a President (any one I'm not picky).

Are you going to the Mission Field with your owner or you going to stay in the States?
Of course I'm going to the mission field! I could never miss that great adventure. Plus, I'm being trained to be the first missionary pig. I'll be ministering to the pigs and livestock of the world. You know we're an unreached people group, and I'm going to do my part to change that!

Thank you Gravy for this interview, keep on traveling and may God Bless you real good!

No comments:

Post a Comment