Sunday, November 21, 2010

STAY ENCOURAGED….


I know that there will be days you think, “Oh Yeah?” I’ll be honest with you I have those. When I read about what we have in Christ, if we are believers, that’s the way we can live. He died for all our days to be successful. I have the benefit of being a Counselor/Life Coach observing people who are living in every type of situation you can think of. I listen and sit there thinking, how in the world are you making it through this to get to our office? Yet I know in my heart you can in Him!

Looking back on my history as a Christian and before the day, I have seen some hard times. I know of days if I described them to you here on this page it would scare you. I remember a day I sat in the darkness of my closet saying, “Lord I am not going back out there and I am quitting on this life thing”. He was so patient with me as He had to hear His child spout out such things in deep-seated anger and…some of them were to and about Him. Well you guessed it, I did come out and I did make it and He still loves me!

All around people are saying the same thing I did. They are facing challenges that seem like mountains they just don’t have the energy to climb. They don’t have to do it alone, there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His name is Jesus. He was there all the time in my life. Just in the last few years, I have gotten to really know Him and it seems to have come after I had that talk with Him clearing the air between us.

Phil is keeping a verse before us in our Life Group, it is Matthew 11: 28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.". He says PaPa is keeping it before him in his life challenges. I love it when the teacher I sit under is teaching from what they are experiencing, we get the overflow of what’s going on in their life lessons. As a learner, the things I receive seem to have longer “shelf life” for me to use in my life, somewhat “richer” when taught what’s tried and proven.

So to end this today…. you see you can STAY ENCOURAGED AND HAVE HOPE with whatever you are facing! We are not out here living this life all alone. We have victory over every situation that is coming our way, or has just left us! Like the children of Israel were told by God, “before the water will part you have to put your foot in the water” It’s all about Faith taking that first step….

Let’s go out this week and try this, wish I could hear all about the stories you could tell I just know there will be many good ones! My prayer is that you will experience LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment